Applications are invited for University College Dublin’s leading collegiate choral ensemble, UCD Choral Scholars.
With a large repertoire ranging from art to popular music, and stretching from the medieval to the contemporary in style, this vocal ensemble gives many major concerts throughout the academic year, both nationally and internationally. UCD Choral Scholars have toured Holland, Hungary, Luxembourg, Italy, the UK, and the eastern states of the United States of America. They have a working relationship with national and international ensembles, performing with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra at home, and the European Union Chamber Orchestra in Ireland and abroad. The choir recently recorded a disc of Irish choral music entitled Invisible Stars for Signum Records, due for release in December 2015.
As a member of the UCD Choral Scholars, you will:
- Receive a scholarship financial award (€750-€1,250);
- Develop your artistic talents and team-membership skills;
- Have the opportunity to work with professional directors and musicians;
- Perform at high profile events;
- Tour with the ensemble;
- Represent our university at national and international events.
Application forms should be submitted by 5pm on the 17th of September 2015 and auditions will take place between the 21st and 23rd of September.
To apply for an audition click HERE.